Is aromatherapy only for women? Though some men may see it as fussy and girly, aromatherapy is not a health modality strictly for women, though it is sometimes portrayed as such, Each gender can take advantage of the emotional, physical and therapeutic benefits of essential oils. You’ll be surprised to find these potent preventative and curative elixirs are well essential for treating everything from common irritations such as colds, muscle aches, and stress to heavyweight conditions like heart disease and cancer.
Because the world demands both mental and physical labor which leads to accumulative stress on mind and body. This stress then combines with poor lifestyle leading to different health conditions like diabetes, cardiovascular problems, depression, frequent headache, insomnia, and dementia, men are at higher health risk among both genders due to their level of demand. Usually, frequent medical checkups and bills are the associates of these diseases. Alternative health measures can help to alleviate these conditions if incorporated into your daily lifestyle leading to maximum health benefits. Aromatherapy through essential oils has the great power to influence both the physiology and psychology of an individual. There is a wide range of ways that you can enjoy aromatherapy with a large array of essential oils that possess an earthy, spicy and masculine aroma:
- Massage– Body massage with aromatic oils reduces the pain in muscles and different body parts. Also, regular scalp massage for men reduces hair problems, lowers stress and leads to memory gain.
- Diffusion– Our brain has different responses for varied scents. The olfactory region in our brain perceives good smells and leads to boost in memory. This property of the brain and essential oils inhaled through air creates a good mental state. Air diffusion of the essential oil promotes better absorption into the body.
- After Shaves– Men often apply after shaves composed of essential oils with different scents of earthy, spicy and masculine aroma. This has antiseptic properties to protect the skin and also elevates the mood, boosting the mental state and confidence.
- Perfumes or Colognes– Most people say that modern men have now realized the importance of smelling good but even in the ancient times, men have been using perfumes and colognes prepared from different sources. It has always been a part of men’s dressing up similar to women’s as it increases self-confidence and attracts others.
- Candles– As a part of aromatherapy there are special aromatic candles prepared from soy wax. These candles are lit releasing the fragrance of different essential oil it is made from. These special candles soothe your senses and calm the nerves.
- Beard Care – Caring for your Beard is just as important as caring for the rest of your body. Beards are now apart of every man’s lifestyle and Beard care is important for a healthy, shiny beard. Lots of guys don’t wash their beards — or if they do, they use the same bar of soap they normally use on their armpits. This is a Bad idea. You’ll dry out your beard and the skin beneath. Instead, use a moisturizing shampoo/Soap at least a few times a week to keep the hair from drying out. Keep the beard moisturized by using Beard Oil or Beard Balm infused with essential oils and trim split ends every couple months.
- Body Building/workout– Essential oils can be very beneficial to the muscles, both pre and post workout, They can help you get pumped and ready, as well as soothing sore muscles at the end of a training session. These all-natural compounds can enhance your performance, providing you with better strength and definition. Essential oils are a great, natural way to help promote your fitness and muscle building. Keep a few bottles in your gym bag, and you can use them for every training session.
The Essential Oils Typically Preferred by Men are Earthy, Spicy, Woody, citrus, Masculine Essential Oils, essential oils like Ginger, Vanilla, Allspice, Nutmeg, cinnamon, peppermint and the citrus oils are oils that tend to be preferred by men and considered favorites. Though it is said that men do not possibly favor the floral scents there are some that they particularly like such as lavender and jasmine. When blended with other essential oils, floral essential oils can be toned down.