This Valentines, let it be more than finding the perfect gift for your significant other. There is nothing wrong with celebrating the love you have for one another, but what about the love you have for yourself?
Valentines day is a day to observe love in all forms which means showing love and adoration for yourself. Put self love first by spending some quality time with you and we have some suggestions to get you started.
Join us as we present Love Notes – the journey to self love. We will share with you simple self care routines to make sure you fall in love with yourself all over again. We also have some simple yet powerful affirmations that you can either print out or write out and place in a space where it is visible everyday as a simple reminder to say I love me!
A few simple ideas to indulge in your own self love.
- Write a love note to yourself. The only person to see it is you so you can be as frisky as you want, as funny as you want and as serious as you want but get creative. e.g. ‘I am so proud of the person you have become!’.
2. Try meditation or yoga – I’ve tried yoga a couple of times and its a serious connection with the mind and body on a different level. Yoga allows you to get in touch with your inner being as well as provides physical benefits and improves your general health.
3. Pamper yourself with a wellness treatment. You should choose the time of day when you are least stressed like just before going to bed. Turn on the music, turn down the lights, and light your favorite Candle, while you soak your feet. Next, indulge in a long bath and a full body exfoliation. Finally, pamper your skin with your favorite scented body oil. All these products are available at Reneescentsationz and can be customized based on fragrances. To get your self care packages from Reneescentsationz, click here
4. Treat yourself to something you’ve never done before or haven’t done in a long time. Having your hair or nails done may be an option but also think beyond physical appearances. Take a trip, indulge in a staycation, or treat yourself to dinner at a fancy Restaurant! Enroll in networking events like Candles and Cocktails and make new friends or just go on an all out adventure!
5. Stay home and watch Netflix, chill and eat Popcorn all day! Sometimes you need a break from your regular schedule, everyone and everything so put your phone on silent, stay in your PJs and binge on some Netflix!
6. Think of one thing you have accomplished in your life and celebrate that achievement! Sometimes we are so hard on ourselves and focus so much on the negatives that we loose sight of our small accomplishments. Celebrate your small victories by rewarding yourself, and aspire to achieve even more!
Remember self love is not being arrogant, it’s probably the most crucial asset to your wellbeing. If you don’t love yourself you cannot truly love others. It often feels selfish to indulge in self-care and self-love but it is a necessary part of keeping yourself grounded. What have you done recently to show you some love?
“You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It’s not like you have forever, so don’t waste any of your seconds, don’t throw even one of your moments away.”
― C. JoyBell C.