Nothing creates ambiance more than a beautifully scented Candle, Diffuser or Wax Melter. Scent is one of the most powerful senses and often is associated with a memory or someone dear to you. Fragrances have the power to change the perception of any room and alter your mood. Scented Candles and other room fragrances are no different.
Whether the intention is to make the space appear bigger or feel cozier, these fragrance pieces are just the thing to help you achieve that.
Before you make a purchase, here are some tips to help you make a decision.
- Scope out your space – Think about what you are trying to achieve in that space. A Candle may work perfectly in one room but might be a hazard in another room. You may opt to place a Diffuser in your bathroom to give it a fresh, clean scent but it can also be used to give a decorative touch to your living room or focal wall. A Candle, on the other hand, creates a cozy atmosphere in your living room, bedroom and dining room. A Warmer is small enough to be inconspicuous in any room and is the scent throw is strong enough for large spaces so decide what you want to achieve before even settling on the best scents suited for that space.
- What do you like? – Choosing a fragrance is an incredibly personal decision. Your preferences are based on subconscious factors that you don’t necessarily even realize. The right scent has powers on its own and can alter your mood, relax your mind, and even bring back memories. The first step is to understand what you like and find the scents that appeal to you. The easiest way to do this is to identify fragrances that you enjoy the most. Fragrances can be broken down into different categories but the most popular are Fruity, Floral, Fresh and Citrus. We will go deeper into fragrances in another blog.
- Consider the season and the mood you are trying to achieve – For some of us, the biggest season is Christmas. While there are a variety of fragrances that can put you in a Christmas mood, there are other light and fresh scents that are perfect for a sunny day or warm and relaxing scents for those rainy days. If you are looking to just relax and unwind or to create that romantic atmosphere, there are fragrances to do just that. So think about the mood you want to create when choosing your fragrances.
Now that we have dissected the basics, let us look at essentials and how they can be used around the home.
- Candles – Candles add that warmth and atmosphere and creates an ambiance in your space.
- Diffusers – Diffusers are perfect for rooms where you want continuous fragrance and ideal for unattended spaces.
- Warmers – Warmers offer a burst of fragrance for a short period of time (3-4hrs) at a time. Warmers offer a stronger scent throw than both Candles and Diffusers.
These fragrance options not only allow you to add a different dimension to your décor but are practical and affordable. They are the perfect choices to add finishing touches to any room. Let us help you find your perfect piece here.